Last Updated: February 12, 2020
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Site.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Site.
- Through our Professional Services, except as set forth below.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Site or in connection with our Professional Services offerings, including but not limited to third-party services used by us in connection with virtual classes or consultations such as communication tools like Go To Meeting, iMessage, Messenger, Microsoft Teams, Skype, WeChat, WhatsApp, Slack or Zoom, and file-sharing tools like Dropbox, Microsoft Teams, OneDrive or SharePoint or equivalent.
Types of Information We May Collect
We may collect information, including personal information and non-identifiable information, when you use the Site or interact with us on the Site or as part of our Professional Services. For example, we may collect personal information when you contact us, create an account with us, access or use our Site or resources, respond to our emails, refer others to us, and submit registration forms and surveys.
We may collect several types of information from and about you on our Site, including:
- Information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, your IP address or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline.
- Information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site and usage details.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research and marketing purposes.
- Your search queries on the Site or within the Services.
Details of transactions you carry out through our Site and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Site.]
We may collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you use the Site and/or receive Professional Services. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other automatic tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
How We Use Information
We may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us:
- To provide the Site and Professional Services, and Content to you.
- To provide you with any other information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site.
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful requests for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information or as otherwise permitted by law.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please let us know.
When and Why We Disclose Information
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Creative Maven's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Creative Maven about our Site and users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply any agreement between you and us, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Creative Maven, our customers, or others.
How We Collect Information
As you navigate through and interact with our Site, automatic data collection technologies may collect certain information.
The technologies we may use for this automatic data collection include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Site and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity).
Some content or applications provided on the Site may be served by third parties, including advertisers, ad networks and servers, content providers, and application providers. In addition, we sometimes rely on third-party tools to communicate with you.
If you would prefer to not use a third party communication tool suggested by Creative Maven, please let Creative Maven know and we will work with you to use your preferred tool with settings and technologies that you are comfortable with using. We may ask that you provide us with our own log-in and our own account for such a tool.
We may use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your personal information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
We may use personal information to provide targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s educational page at: https://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt-out of targeted advertising by:
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Twitter - https://help.twitter.com/en/safety-and-security/privacy-controls-for-tailored-ads
- LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/psettings/guest-controls/retargeting-opt-out
- Google - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing - https://about.ads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt-out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Security of Personal Information
We have implemented measures to reasonably safeguard your information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
Accessing and Correcting Personal Information
You can access, update and delete personal information you provided to us, as described below, by sending us an email at email@example.com.
While we are ready to assist you, we may not always be able to delete records of past interactions and/or transactions for example, if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect or is otherwise necessary for us to provide you with Professional Services or enforce our rights under a contract with you. We will not attempt to re-identify information or data that has been de-identified or aggregated.
California Privacy Rights
Please note that it is Creative Maven’s practice to only use your personal information for direct marketing purposes if you have opted-in to such direct marketing. Otherwise, Creative Maven has not and will not knowingly share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Notice to Residents of Countries outside of the United States of America (“U.S.”)
The Site, as well as our Professional Services, are not directed at individuals under the age of thirteen (13).
By using our Site, you represent that you are at least thirteen years old and understand that you must be at least thirteen years old to use our Site. We will promptly delete information associated with any individual for which we obtain actual knowledge is associated with an individual who is not at least thirteen years old. If you believe someone is using our Site who is under thirteen, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.